Small Cool Boxes
Explore a wide range of small cooler boxes from our Tundra® and Roadie® collections. Mini coolers bring you all the same toughness and durability of our bigger cool boxes in a smaller, lightweight design. Despite their compact size, these small ice boxes pack a big punch, and they’re perfect for just about any adventure – or just to keep your beers chilled at a barbecue.
Mini Coolers with Mega Performance
Whether you’re keeping your picnic food fresh for a cruisy day at the beach or keeping supplies fresh as you embark on a journey into the wilderness, you want a portable cooler box that can keep your goods cool for longer. Our sturdy small cooler boxes are designed with performance in mind.
The ice retention of your cool box will be better the fuller the box is. If you’ve got a handful of snacks and a couple packs of ice cubes sitting at the bottom of a 60-gallon cooler, they won’t stay cool quite as well as they would if everything was packed a little more tightly; excess air space tends to get in the way of ice retention. So, instead of lugging around a huge cooler to every picnic, you might be better off choosing a smaller option if you only see yourself needing a little space for snacks and drinks.
Our Tundra® and Roadie® small ice boxes are rotomolded, the same process used for white-water kayaks. And we designed the coolers to keep ice longer — a lot longer — by pumping them with over twice the insulation compared to most ordinary ice boxes. The result is a much cooler cool box, with a dramatic durability and ice retention advantage over most any other cooler on the market. Our mini ice boxes aren’t just sturdy, they’re literally grizzly bear resistant.
Portable Cool Boxes built for Versatility
So how small is a small cooler? Well, it’s up to you – we have plenty to choose from. The YETI Roadie® 20 is the smallest of the lot, with an empty weight of 6.8kg. The Roadie® 24 is a tiny bit bigger, with enough capacity to hold 18 350ml cans with a 2:1 ice-to-contents ratio. Not to mention, the 13” height of the Roadie® 24 makes it the perfect size for wine bottles too – a mini cooler that doesn’t skimp out on the most important details.
We’ve also got a few small cool boxes in our Tundra® collection, too. The Tundra 35 can hold 20 cans, Tundra 45 holds 26, and the Tundra 65 can carry around 39 cans, all in an easy-to-handle compact build. Tundra cool boxes are the sturdiest of the lot; the highest performance cool boxes you’ll find, and with a range of sizes and capacities available, they’re fit for any purpose.
Small Cool Boxes for the Car, the Home or any Situation
Just because they’re smaller in size doesn’t make our mini cool boxes any less capable of braving more extreme environments. They’re not just reserved for quick road trips and garden parties; YETI’s portable coolers can take you from picnics to paddling, barbecues to bouldering, whatever your adventure entails, our small cool boxes can take up the gauntlet.
The YETI Roadie® is the ultimate in versatility. The BYOB’s new best friend, the Roadie® is designed to be small but mighty, a brilliant choice for daytrips, parties, or game day drinks while still a perfect option for more action-packed escapades. Its ColdLock™ Gasket keeps your ice colder for longer, while its No Sweat™ design helps keep everything clean.
How to Pack a Cooler
To get the most out of your YETI cool box, you need to know how best to pack it. Check out our tips on how to pack a cooler:
- Preload your cool box with ice a few hours before use or store it in a cold place before packing it
- Go for a 2:1 ice-to-contents ratio – that’s one-third of your cooler for food and drink, two-thirds for ice
- Use low-temperature ice – below freezing point – it’s drier and will last way longer. Use a mix of ice cubes and block ice; ice cubes are great for your chilling your food and drink faster, while block ice keeps it cooler for longer
- Try to pack your cool box as full as possible. If you need to leave space in your cooler, they are best filled with extra ice, towels, or crumpled newspaper if weight is a concern. Don’t drain the water when your cool box is in use – it helps to insulate the ice that’s still there
- Ice can last twice as long in the shade – so keep your cool box out of direct sunlight as much as possible
- The more you open the cool box, the quicker the ice will melt. Limit access to the cool box as much as possible
- When used in conjunction with a YETI Hard Cooler, dry ice can keep food and drinks cold and frozen longer than regular ice.
- Extend your regular ice with YETI ICE. YETI ICE is dialled into a temperature just below that of regular ice, letting it do all the cooling work to keep your regular ice from melting.